Ignatius Ward was a longtime farmer and resident of the area. Around the south end of his porperty, near the driveway of Belward along Darnestown Road, was an area known as Hunting Hill. Ward built a country store/post office here in 1873. He also ran a blacksmith shop at this location. The post office closed in 1905 and Ward died a few years later, in 1909. His granddaughter converted the former store into a residence in 1929 and lived there for many years. The home was demolished in 1995.