Gaithersburg

The Gaithersburg Milling and Manufacturing Company was formed in the early 1890's by Ignatius Fulks. The mill manufactured flour, feeds and fertilizers. It also operated a hay cutting and bailing business, and sold a wide variety of goods such as buggies and wagons. This steam-powered mill, built parallel to the railroad track along Diamond Avenue, grew to be one of the wealthiest corporations in Montgomery County and one of the largest flour mills in Maryland.